Capturing moments that will last a lifetime
Five Ways to Fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10
After upgrading to Windows 10 users are facing problem with working of headphones. But not anymore this detail can solve your issue with easily without any trouble. There are various ways to settle this complication. Below each procedure is explained briefly for fixing this issue.
Set headphone as default playback device to fix. If you’re connecting to an audio device such as headphone using USB or HDMI port, you might need to set that device as the default.
- press Windows key and X key simultaneously.
- A pop-up menu will appear, select control panel.
- View by “category” and select hardware and sound.
- Click sound.
- Select Headphones and click the set default button at the bottom.
- Click okay button.
Update audio or sound drivers of your system. Sometimes the problem occurs due to out dated audio drivers or outlook data file cannot be accessed. The process of updating audio/sound driver is really easy. You can do it manually by using a utility tool or let windows automatically update your audio driver.
How to update sound/audio drivers automatically?
- Right click on sound icon.
- Tap on sounds and go to playback tab.
- Select your headphones and tap on properties.
- You’ll see controller info and a key “properties@, click it.
- Click on change setting. This will require administrators permission
- Go to driver tab and select update driver.
- Update will proceed automatically.
- Just restart and check sound.
How to update sound/audio drivers manually?
- Right click on “This PC” and select “properties”.
- In the next window on the left side select “device manager”.
- Under sound, video and game controllers, right click on High Defination Audio Device and select “Properties”.
- Go to driver tab and clic on update driver.
- Select “browse my computer for driver software”.
- Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select high definition audio device, click next, click yes to the warning.
- Restart and check sound in headphones.
Headphone sound issue can be fixed by changing the settings in Realtek HD audio manager. No sound problem can be the reason of incorrect configuration in Realtek HD audio manager. ( only if you have installed Realtek HD audio manager )
- Open Realtek HD audio
- Click the folder icon in right upper corner.
- Mark the box next to “Disable front panel jack detection”.
- Click the ok button.
Uninstalling IDT audio device can resolve the sound issue in headphones on windows 10. This solution only works when you have installed IDT audio device in your system.
- Go to device manager.
- Select control panel in the pop-up menu.
- View by large icons and click programs and features.
- Uninstall IDT Audio Driver from the program list.
- Reboot your PC.
Changing the default sound format can resolve this issue. Sound format is another reason why your headphones May not be recognised by windows 10 is the sound format. If this is not set correctly, then you May have the same problem over and over. Here’s how to go about changing the default sound format.
- Right click on start.
- Click on control panel.
- Click on hardware and sound.
- Select sound.
- Under playback, double click on default playback device.
- Switch to advanced tab.
- Change the default sound format from the drop down
Remember these feelings for years to come
Let us capture your story
We believe photography should express emotion. With years of experience, we have an extended portfolio to give you inspiration for your session.
This is a testimonial. To edit this testimonial, highlight the text and replace it with your own fresh content. Moving this text widget is no problem. Simply drag and drop the widget to your area of choice. Use this space to highlight a raving review from a client.
Meet our team
Cascade Creative Photography is a collective of professionals
who gather inspiration from the beauty of nature capturing each
moment with all the feelings that you put into them
© Copyright validedge